Oh dear. I have failed the UK Citizenship test. I only got 17 out of 24. The pass mark is 75% or 18. So, missed it by one. It’s really quite difficult. You can take the test online here.
These are the ones I got wrong:
7. In which year did married women get the right to divorce their husband?
Correct answer: 1857
You answered: 1882
8. Is the statement below TRUE or FALSE: adults who have been unemployed for six months are usually required to join New Deal if they wish to continue receiving benefit
Correct answer: False
You answered: True
10. The percentage of people in the UK in 2001 who said they were Muslims was
Correct answer: 2.7
You answered: 1.6
11. A quango is
Correct answer: a non-departmental public body
You answered: a government body
14. Schools must be open
Correct answer: 190 days a year
You answered: 200 days a year
18. Which of these statements is correct?
Correct answer: Children aged 13-16 cannot work for more than 12 hours in any school week
You answered: Children aged 13-16 cannot work for more than 10 hours in any school week
20. When was the census first carried out in the United Kingdom?
Correct answer: 1801
You answered: 1851